|THE HAUNTED SHORE|
- One settlement of significant size: this is Ramshackle (hex 0707), the starting town for the player characters. "A few hundred buildings built in a thousand different styles." It's hit or miss in Ramshackle, much like the name implies.
- Two other settlements: I have placed Seldon Farm (hex 1006) a little way down the coast, and a hidden elven homestead (hex 0504) at the edge of the haunted forest, for the party to discover.
- One major terrain feature: this is the Haunted Forest (hexes 0402, 0403, 0404, 0502, 0503, 0504, and 0603). The town of Ramshackle sits where a wizard's tower once sat thousands of years ago; the Haunted Forest is said to be where his creatures and minions fled when his tower was razed long ago.
- One mysterious site to explore: I included three henges (hexes 0406, 0804, and 1008). As in classic tales, henges are part of this world, but also part of another.
- One dungeon entrance: the party can eventually hear of a dungeon in hex 1201. Rumors will be of a vampire or something similar, but in actual fact it is the meeting-place of a covey of hags.